You can pay bills using MTN Mobile Money in Uganda the easy way by not stressing yourself with bank queues or subscriptions on money transfer Apps like Chipper Cash or EverSend. Just like Airtel Money, to pay bills using MTN Mobile Money, you need to fulfill the following requirements.
- Have enough money on your MTN Mobile Money Account
- Have the correct Bill number to pay to.
Once you fulfill the above criteria, all you need is to know the current MTN Mobile Money charges, and make your bill payment either through the MTN Momo App or the *165# Mobile Money Shortcode. In this article, we guide you on how to pay bills using the MTN Mobile Money shortcode as below.
- Dial *165#, or *185# on your phone’s dial pad.
- Select Option 4 (Bills & Payments).
- Choose your desired bill, for example, UMEME Touch Pay to get Yaka Tokens.
- Enter your account number.
- Enter the amount to Pay.
- Enter your MTN Mobile Money PIN to confirm payment.
- DONE: Your Bill is paid instantly. You should receive confirmation from the provider.
In summary, MTN Mobile Money allows you to pay Bills to providers such as UMEME, DSTV, GOTV, Startimes, URA, Sports Betting Companies, NWSC, among others. All you have to do isneter the correct information and amount to pay your next bill with ease.