The leading eCommerce platform in Uganda, JUMIA, will celebrate its anniversary starting this June in a celebration running from June 24th to July 14th 2019, with mind-blowing discounts on all products.
In commemoration of its anniversary to mark major milestones achieved over the period of its operations in Uganda, Jumia is holding a mega birthday sale that will see customers get up to 77% discount on all products. Just like the eCommerce giant’s mobile week discount squeeze, its anniversary will have a massive slash on selected products not limited to a specific brand corner.
Jumia’s activities in Uganda may have only started in 2014, but the company has made great strides in the e-commerce scene. Growing from an average of 100 orders a day, the online marketplace now processes thousands of orders daily and collectively has over 2,000 active merchants in the country; including over 100 local partners that they have helped develop.
According to the Boston Consulting Group research, just 0.5 percent of all retail on the continent takes place online compared to about 15 percent in China – home to Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and 5 percent in India. Now, Jumia has taken on the mantle of changing the ecommerce economic landscape for Ugandan and African entrepreneurs.
Commenting on the celebration of this anniversary, Head of Growth Jumia Uganda, Mr. Paul Tesar, commended how Ugandans are increasingly embracing eCommerce and online shopping. He noted that top among reasons for this include availability of wider variety in assortment of products, affordable prices, convenience and trust.
Some of the many things to look forward to during the celebrations include the following;
- Jumia Express: Enjoy very fast delivery when you shop Jumia Express. Here Customers get their order products within 24 hours in Kampala.
- Insurance: Customers can choose an insurance option for theft and damage of the products they have ordered for, starting from as low as 5,000 Ugx
- Additional Assortment: With the introduction of Jumia Global on the platform, customers now have an additional 500,000 products to order from.
- Mind-blowing discounts: All product categories will be marked down.
- Daily Flash sales and treasure Hunts: Get ready for daily flash sales and treasure hunts exclusive to the Jumia app. Imagine buying a Samsung Galaxy S10e for 1,899,000 Ugx.
- Discounts of up to 77% on 10,000+ products.
For this Anniversary celebration, Jumia has collaborated with its partners such as: Transtel, Reddington, Liberty Insurance, Samsung, MI, Nokia, BlueFlame and Skyworth. These partners will be headlining the anniversary sale, offering the very best prices on services and a wide assortment of products.
EDITORS’ NOTE: This is a copy of a Press Release