The SafeBoda super app is on fast evolution streak with a significant deviation from just a hailing-centric platform to an all-in-one mobile application. With the SafeBoda Wallet as one of the most common and useful features on the App, it now allows you to transfer money to a bank account or mobile money number.
With the new feature, you can easily transfer money from your SafeBoda Wallet to other bank accounts at very low rates as compared to existing solutions. For example, Airtel Money and MTN Mobile Money rates offer a bank transfer section, but with the SafeBoda Wallet feature, costs have been factored in for the customer to pay the least possible fee.
Well, with he ability to transfer money to any of your mobile money numbers or a bank account of your choice, this makes the SafeBoda wallet a cross-platform transfer and savings platform and here is how you can actually utilize two of its new features.
Transfer Money from your SafeBoda Wallet to Mobile Money
- Open the SafeBoda App from your Smartphone Apps list.
- On the top My Wallet section, tap or click Withdraw.
- In the open Withdraw options, select Mobile Money.
- Enter the mobile money number you wish to withdraw or send the money to.
- Confirm that the Recipient Name: is correct and click/tap Continue.
- Select the amount you wish to withdraw, if it’s not listed, select Other and enter the amount.
- Confirm the transaction details and click Confirm Withdraw,
- Enter your SafeBoda Wallet PIN to send.
Please Note: Each transaction costs UGX 500 and you can transfer to any mobile money number.
How to Transfer Money from SafeBoda Wallet to a Bank Account
- Open the SafeBoda App on your mobile.
- Click on Withdraw.
- Select the Bank option.
- A list of available banks will be displayed for you to choose from. Choose your target bank
- Enter the Bank Account details including the name and account number.
- Input the amount you wish to send and confirm the transaction with your Wallet PIN
Please Note: At the moment, the SafeBoda App supports KCB, Stanbic bank, Equity Bank, ABSA bank, DFCU bank, and Centenary bank. Each transaction costs UGX 1,000.
In summary, the SafeBoda is slowly becoming a necessity for every smartphone holder, given the fact that Bank Of Uganda approved the service as a safe and secure wallet, you can use it to send and receive money, recharge airtime or data bundles, pay utilities, pay friends or shop online all in a single App available in the Google Play and Apple Store.