Here are 7 Ways to Boost your brand’s marketing & communications online
The current COVID19 Pandemic has negatively attracted bears to Businesses worldwide, but while many struggle to keep up with the new formation that brings to play the rise of online services, your business can measure new performance insights by boosting its marketing & communications plan.
In the light of Social media marketing, your business can utilize new content development angles and to build a loyal customer base as part of your communications plan. More so, continued customer research and feedback would be sparked with proper use of this communication channel.
Marketing wise, developing new channels to reach new customers based on their intent and behavior towards businesses like yours can easily boost your overall sales and customer conversions. With a tip on the regular digital path, here a 7 proven ways to keep your brand’s marketing and communications flow active.
1. Talk About The Positive Work Your Brand Is Doing During This Crisis: Have you recently given a donation towards COVID-19 efforts? You can share a brief press release with some photos to the media or share an online post so that your internal and external stakeholders who bond with the brand can be informed about it.
2. Brush Up Your Teams Skills: Use this downtime to boost your teams marketing communications capabilities. With less activity keeping your team busy, you can run an online training program for your team and equip them with the necessary skills and competencies to be used in the future once this crisis is over.
3. Build Your Online & Offline Marketing Communications Muscle: Now is the best time to work on your marketing communications collateral. Whether it is your website, company profile, product offering brochure or service offering, there is no better time than now to refresh it.
4. Customer Feedback & Research: This could be a perfect time to find out what your customers and the market thinks about your brand. This strategic marketing investment can help your business adapt quickly to changing customer demands post COVID-19.
5. Create & Review Your Strategic Marketing Communication Plans: It is best to work on something critical when there is not much happening around you. Take some time to review your strategic marketing communication plans in light of the fact that things will not be the same again.
6. Develop New Marketing Products and Delivery Channels: Marketing is the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably. What new products or delivery channels can your team come up with during this time?
7. Communicate: Yes. Your customers and key stakeholders need to hear from you. Marketing communications is one of those operations that can keep running even when other departments are not.
By applying the above methods, you can easily keep your brand’s marketing plan active amidst the current Corona Virus Pandemic period. Given the fact that no direct timeframe has been anticipated when normal business will shine again, keeping your business activities alive will require good practices to continue with an upward trend.
Editor’s Note: The above article’s Tips are provided by Capital One Group__A Marketing and Professional Communications agency in Kampala, Uganda