Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is set to host the 6th edition of the Uganda Social Media Conference later this month from 25th to 26th August 2021. Scheduled with the theme “Digital democracy in a post-pandemic world”, the 2021 round of the conference will be a hybrid event with a mix of online and physical participants.
With over 34 speakers confirmed for the 2021 Uganda social media conference, the event will gather stakeholders from Government, civil society, research, academia, and policy makers for an all-round exchange on the impact of social media in society today.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Social media & elections in Africa,
- Citizen journalism vs digital newsrooms,
- Digital diplomacy,
- Impact of social media on mental health,
- Tackling emerging digital threats (including extremism, trafficking, radicalization),
- The rise of global social movements & social media,
- Re-framing the climate change agenda on social media
Among other topics to be discussed include; the crisis of state surveillance, digital privacy, data protection, and the gig economy —which is currently a major source of income for freelancers and youth in urban settlements.
To share and discuss their views on the topics, KAS Uganda has confirmed over 34 speakers for the conference. These include digital marketing experts, Government representatives, Non-Government Organization officials, Journalists, and Private sector specialists.
Dr. William Tayeebwa; Senior Lecturer and Research Fellow of American Council of Learned Societies, Adonia Ayebare – Ugandan Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Paul Kasenene – Wellness & Nutrition Specialist, Ms. Anna Reismann – the Country Director of KAS Uganda, Raymond Mujuni – Investigative Journalist, Awel Uwihanganye – Founder of LéO Africa Institute, among many others have been confirmed for the event.
Set to start on 25th August with a keynote speech by Dr. William Tayeebwa titled “The Rebirth of Social Media and Digital Politics in Africa”. The 2021 Social media conference will be a free-to-attend event with an early requirement for all attendants to register through the designated portal in order to be a part of the event.
How to register and attend the 2021 Uganda Social Media Conference
- Visit the Uganda Social Media Conference Via: www.socialmedia.ug from your Web Browser
- On the Website, locate and click the Register button to get starterd
- You’ll be redirected to a registstartion form for you to fill-in, enter all required details and click Register
- DONE: Once your Email is correct, You will receive your Webinar RD and Password to attend the Event.