Are USSD Codes phasing out in Uganda? From MTN Uganda’s point of view, Shortcodes are old school and Smart service applications now deserve the front row shield. After successfully integrating the MY MTN App to its Subscriber base, the Yello wing now has a new MOMO App trailing its digital path.
The MY MTN App was introduced over 3 years ago as a self-service application that featured both a full account control option and a Mobile Money wing as an alternative wing on the app.
Well, the 2 in 1 process seemed a hectic path for the telco that decided to launch a new fully dedicated Mobile money services app dubbed MTN Momo that has turned out to be a must-have for every Smartphone user with a Yello SIMCard.
Among the exciting features of the new App include the ability to download your Mobile Money statements and perform all transactions you would have pulled off using the Yello camp’s *185# shortcode with convenience shipped into play.
Downloading and Installing the MTN Momo App
- Visit the Google Play or Apple Store
- In the Search Field, Input MTN Momo or MY MTN as your Keyword
- Choose MTN Momo Uganda from your Search results and Click Download
- Install the App and Check your Applications list
- Next up, Register/Login to your account for access
How you can Login/ Signup to use the App
- Open the App to access the Input Number field page
- Insert Your Pin Code and 2-factor (code) SMS sent to your phone
- On Successful authentication, Access your Account’s Dashboard
- Click the function you wish to use, whether Sending Money, Accessing Your Account or Paying a pending bill
The things you can do on the MTN Momo App
- Send Money
- Pay for Goods with MOMO Pay (QR Code Scanner)
- Pay Utility Bills
- Access your Account settings
- Download Your Mobile Money statement
- Buy Data / Airtime
- Pay OTT tax
- Pay School Fees
- Make Bank Transfers