In July 2018, the Government of Uganda through its annual budget introduced what many call evil taxes. However, the latter has not scared the immerse mobile banking users who continue to levy on even with the 1% mobile money tax not yet rectified. In a like manner, you might lose your mobile money pin or your account getting blocked due to multiple attempts. Well, here is how you can actually recover your pin on the Airtel side of things.
While you can set an initial recovery number for backup in case your pin is lost. Recovering your airtel money pin requires you to have a maximum of 5000/= as your account balance. Henceforth if you have more than the maximum then we recommend visiting a service or calling the customer care line. Nonetheless, here is how you can actually recover that pin in a minute flip.
Procedure to recover and set new Airtel money pin
Account balance requirement 5000/= or less
- Dial *185# Choose Option 5 ( My account)
- Select Option 8 (Pin Reset) Under My account to choose an alternative number
- Enter Last remembered pin and Enter an alternative number to send a temporary Pin
- On your selected alternative number, Open message to reveal a temporary pin
- Redial *185# on source phone to enter the temporary pin requested and set new Airtel money pin
Just like any other Pin reset platform, not every account is validated for a pin reset option basing on your account status. However, the above process will only work if you mutually have a hint about your previous account pin. Therefore, you should not be scared by any scammers taking control of your account as you can also set an alternative number to avoid future occurrences.